Since there are so many similarities between the very small and very large (atoms look like solar systems etc.), I thought using radioactivity in an atom and issues in relationships would be a good comparison.
Binding energy is the energy that is associated with the strong force, and this energy holds the nucleus together.
- Love is the energy that is associated with the understanding, and this energy holds the nucleus of a relationship together.
A stable atom is an atom that has enough binding energy to hold the nucleus together permanently.
- A stable relationship is one that has enough love and understanding to hold the relationship together permanently.
An unstable atom does not have enough binding energy to hold the nucleus together permanently and is called a radioactive atom
- An unstable relationship does not have enough love or understanding to hold the relationship together permanently and is called a radioactive relationship
In most cases, elements like to have an equal number of protons and neutrons because this makes them the most stable. Atoms with unstable nuclei are constantly changing as a result of the imbalance of energy within the nucleus.
- In most cases people should be with their equal and opposite behavior because this makes them the most stable. Relationships with lop-sided behavior types are unstable and constantly changing as a result of the imbalance between the two people.
Stable atoms have a binding energy that is strong enough to hold the protons and neutrons together. Even if an atom has an extra neutron or two it may remain stable. In an unstable atom, the nucleus changes by giving off a neutron to get back to a balanced state. As the unstable nucleus changes, it gives off radiation and is said to be radioactive.
- Stable individuals have a love or understanding that is strong enough to hold the relationship together. Even if one individual becomes selfish at times the relationship can remain stable. When one person feels they’ve been done wrong they react in a way to get things back to ‘normal’. If this reaction doesn’t work the person increases their response creating a heated moment known as a fight or argument and is said to be radioactive.
Even on the atomic level, balance is the key to success. Just as radioactivity is the result of the imbalance of a nucleus, issues in a relationship are the result of an imbalance in the two individuals. Arguments are meant to bring balance back to the core, not cause nuclear explosions.
Thank you to : http://www.ndt-ed.org/EducationResources/HighSchool/Radiography/radioactivity.htm for a great read.